Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity, Excellence
Invite the MySoulrenity team for a MyWorkshop on the ABCs of LGBTQ+!
We offer our workshops securely via Zoom, Google Meet, Skype, or any digital platform of your choosing for 1-49 individuals. Additional fee will be added for each additional block of 50 participants.
This 75 minute workshop offers a comprehensive overview that strives to guide you in the midst of shifting demographics. It’s paramount that organizations and individuals invest in the education and changes necessary to make the workforce – and society – more inclusive to LGBTQ+ individuals.
Despite over 20 million Americans self-identifying as part of the LGBTQ+ community, many folks still don’t understand what the LGBTQ+ acronyms mean, why pronouns are important, or how to use gender-inclusive language. Recent studies show that many employees feel that their professional organization does not respect their identities.
In addition, a comprehensive inclusivity workshop will offer the advantages of building an inclusive workspace. A diverse workplace has many advantages. Innovative ideas can be found and implemented. It provides for expanded horizons and is a source of dynamic talent.
With both moral and business imperatives, it is increasingly important to understand how to be inclusive at work and in your daily life.
Our ABCs of LGBTQ+ Workshop will cover:
- Learning objectives and base level of knowledge
- Breakdown of LGBTQ+ movement
- LGBTQ+ vocabulary and inclusive terminology
- Sex, gender, and sexual orientation
- Common sexual orientations and gender identities
- Best practices for inclusion in the workplace, and at home
- Cultural sensitivities
- Inclusion + International Inclusion
- Ethical practices
- Empowered mindsets for women, transgender, and non-binary people
- Common stereotypes
- Unconscious + Implicit bias
- Culture diversity
- Bystander intervention
- …and more
‘Take key steps forward toward greater inclusion, belonging, and allyship by providing a deeper understanding of the LGBTQ+ community.
Still not convinced? Some of the top reasons why diversity and inclusion workshops are crucial for every modern workplace are as follows:
- Ignorance: One of the most pressing problems that arise is the lack of understanding amongst your workforce about their co-workers coming from different backgrounds or cultures. This unfamiliarity can lead to prejudice or harassment in the workplace.
- Reduced productivity: Inability to work together results in the overall reduction in the productivity and efficiency of any workforce. It is especially apparent whether the employees are brainstorming on a group assignment or are required to forward details between departments.
- Short tenures: The less-than-perfect work conditions will lead to many workers deciding to leave. These short terms will perhaps harm the company and its reputation.
- Unfavorable reputation: Another drawback of not including diversity and training workshops is that the bad incidents that workers go through will become public. Other people will refrain from joining the business due to this reputation.
From building a more welcoming environment to general business growth, a diversity and inclusion workshop can do a fantastic deal for a business with MySoulrenity leading the way. It is our hope that our workshops provide exceptional clarity and quality for the modern individual and/or organization.
MyWorkshops will be capped in attendance to allow for more presenter/attendee exchange time. We strongly suggest you run your chosen digital platform for updates prior to each webinar.
Each MyWorkshop will last 60 minutes closing with a 15 minute Q+A between the presenter(s) and attendees of each topic. All attendees will receive an overview and accompanying worksheets, exercises, or information reference material within 48 hours of attending each MyWorkshop.
Looking for something else?
- Check out our sister webinar MyWorkshop: Diversity + Inclusion
- or our webinar MyWorkshop: Diverse Activities
Simply add this item to your cart and fill in required information so we can contact you back in a timely fashion. Inquire about discount when purchased with MyWorkshop: Diversity + Inclusion and/or MyWorkshop: Diverse Activities.